Embed an app in external web content
You can embed Supply Chain Planning apps in web content, such as HTML iframes.
- On the Navigation toolbar, click Design Studio .
- In the Design Studio pane, in the Projects section, select the starting app board of the app that you want to embed.
- Click , and select Properties.
The App Board Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Use this link to Embed this App Board within other web content section, select and copy the displayed URL.
- Paste the URL in your web content.
A URL generated for embedding an app ends with two parameters:
- dashboardId — the globally unique identifier (GUID) associated with the app. This value is generated by Supply Chain Planning and automatically appended to the URL.
- dbc — a database connection override. This is an optional parameter that you can leave blank or populate with the names of one or more database connections.
dbc parameter examples
If a dbc value isn't specified, the embedded app uses the database connections hard-coded in the app. For example:
If a dbc value consists of the name of a single database connection, the specified connection functions as a default that overrides all non-System connections hard-coded in the app. For example:
The System database connection is not overridden by a specified default connection. To override the System connection, explicitly specify "System" as a connection, as well as its replacement. For example:
If a dbc value consists of the names of two database connections separated by a colon, the first specified connection is replaced by the second specified connection; all other connections are unaffected. For example:
Use a comma to specify a compound value. For example, in the following dbc value, the Y connection overrides the X connection, the B connection overrides the A connection, and the Z connection overrides all other non-System connections hard-coded in the app:
Last modified: Thursday May 03, 2018